Aflac Medicare Supplement Insurance
The American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus (Aflac), a Fortune 500 company with assets totaling more than $117 billion, is a national leading provider of Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans.
Committed to a healthy environment and sustainable business practices, Aflac has long aimed to provide consumers quality products and services at competitive prices. As a result of its commitment to quality, value, and fair practices, Aflac had the honor of being named by Ethisphere as one of 2012’s most ethical companies.
Rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best, Aflac has been a leading provider of insurance policies for over 60 years. Based in Columbus, Georgia, Aflac offers a long list of insurance products ranging from life and disability policies to dental, vision, and cancer coverage. Aflac currently offers Medicare supplement (or Medigap) plans to Medicare recipients across the USA, and MedicareMall is pleased to partner with Aflac in offering a variety of Aflac Medicare supplement plans to our clients.*
*Update 09/16/2013: After September 27, 2013, Aflac Medicare Supplement Plans will not be available for purchase. Existing policies in force will not be affected by this change.
Available plans include:
- Medigap Plan A: Federal law requires each insurance company selling Medicare supplement insurance plans to offer Plan A in their selection of plans. Although Plan A is readily available, however, it provides the lowest level of benefits of any Medicare supplemental insurance plan on the market.
- Medigap Plan B: Medicare Supplement Plan B offers basic Medigap coverage in addition to paying hospitalization deductibles.
- Medigap Plan C: Plan C offers the basic services standardized by Medicare along with a few other benefits that aren’t covered by Medigap Plan A. Because Plan C offers more comprehensive protection, its premiums are normally higher than those of Plan A.
- Medigap Plan D: Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan D, designed to cover most of the high-risk gaps in Original Medicare, has long been an affordable option in select markets.
- Medigap Plan F: Medigap Plan F, widely considered the benchmark for Medicare supplement insurance plans, is designed to cover all the high-risk gaps left by Original Medicare. As well as providing coverage for the Medicare Part A (hospital) and Medicare Part B (medical) deductibles, Plan F covers any Medicare Part B excess costs you’d otherwise be responsible for paying out of pocket.
- Medigap Plan G: Plan G is similar to Plan F, but does not cover the Medicare Part B deductible for medical and hospital outpatient expenses.
- Medigap Plan N: Plan N offers comprehensive coverage but requires you to pay a portion of Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayments. Under Plan N you’ll be required to pay up to a $20 copayment for an office visit and a $50 copayment for an emergency room visit. Plan N also covers emergency care during travel abroad. This service comes with a $250 deductible and a $50,000 lifetime limit.
Although any of these Aflac Medicare supplement plans will provide great protection, Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan F covers the fullest range of coinsurance, deductibles, and excess charges that otherwise would have to be paid out of pocket. It covers the blood that basic Medicare doesn’t, and provides a full extra year of hospitalization coverage. Plan F also covers skilled nursing service and even approved health care costs you incur while traveling outside the United States. It even allows you to choose any doctor who accepts Medicare. With fixed premiums and generally no unexpected out-of-pocket costs, Plan F is the Medigap plan chosen by nearly half of Americans who purchase Medicare supplement insurance plans.
If you have any questions about Aflac, Medigap plans or anything else connected with senior healthcare, MedicareMall is here to serve you. MedicareMall has been in the senior healthcare business for over 20 years, earning a reputation for excellence while addressing the unique needs of each of our clients.
**This advertisement is not intended for current Aflac agents or brokers with no experience in selling Medicare Supplement. If you are currently appointed with Aflac and focused on the worksite market, please disregard.